It seems that there is a problem with Subversion 1.4.x running on Windows 2008 Server. Specifically svnserve.exe throws an exception when run either manually or as a service. This happens for all editions of Windows 2008 server, in both x86 and x64 versions.
I was able to get the 1.5 version (RC5) of svnserve.exe to run on Windows 2008 server. I used the CollabNet version of 1.5. Be aware that CollabNet bundles the binaries in different directories than the Tigris.org packages.
I came across this problem because I'm updating my servers in my private network. I thought others might find this information useful.
I know this is not much, but I got quite a bit of the online store infrastructure setup tonight.
What you see above is Active Purchase from Active Modules. It's a small ecommerce module for DotNetNuke (DNN).
Today, I had the opportunity to be the hero/savior of the day. The marketing department of my employer has been sending some data to be analyzed by a third party. One of the files was a monster 2.2 gig text file.
None of the text editors that we tried could cope with this titanic file. So at a conference call, we were going back and forth trying to find a solution to this dilemma. I suggested to split it up into more manageable chunks. I got Text File Splitter and let it work on this file.
So it took about 36 minutes to split this file into eleven (11) 200 meg chunks, and a remainder 68 meg file.